Implementation of Basic Manufacturing in Business Central:
(1) In this blog, we will get to know the steps for implementing basic manufacturing in Business Central D365.
(2) Manufacturing is defined as the processing of raw material or assembly of parts into finished goods with help of tools, machines, and human labor. It is divided into two categories:
- Process Manufacturing → When Finished Goods are produced from the formulas or recipes called Process Manufacturing.
- Discrete Manufacturing → When Finished Goods are produced from the assembly of parts in a defined process called Discrete Manufacturing.
(3) Two Types of Manufacturing Production Policies in Business Central D365:
- Make to Stock (MTS) → Make to Stock policy means, the production of Finished Goods based on market analysis or prediction.
- Make to Order (MTO) → Make to Order policy means, the production of Finished Goods based on Customer Order.
(4) Now for basic implementation, you need the following setup, masters, and documents, as follows:
- Manufacturing Setup
- No. Series
- Item Master
- Bill of Material
- Work Center
- Machine Center
- Released Production Order
- Output Journal
- Consumption Journal
- Finished Production Order
(5) How to create a Manufacturing Setup?
(6) How to create No. Series?
(7) How to create Item Master?
(8) How to create a Bill of Materials?
(9) How to create Routing?
(10) How to Create Work Center?
(11) How to create Machine Center?
(12) How to create Released Production Order?
(13) How to create an Output Journal?
(14) How to create Consumption Journal?
(15) How to create Finished Production Order?