Creation and Posting of Consumption Journal:
(1) In this blog, we will get to know about the creation and posting of the Consumption Journal in Business Central D365. Consumption Journal is used for calculating and finishing the material that is used at the time of producing Finished Goods inventory.
(2) For this go to the search bar and type “Consumption Journal”, as shown.
(3) After that, the Consumption Journal page opens and goes to the Action → Functions → Calc. Consumption, as shown.
(4) After selecting the Calc. Consumption, pop windows open, as shown.
- Posting Date → Specifies the posting date that you want the program to use in the Consumption Journal window.
- Calculation Based On → Specifies whether the calculation of the quantity to consume is based on the actual output or on the expected output (the quantity of finished goods that you expect to produce).
- Picking Location → Specifies the location from where you want the program to post the items.
(5) Now Enter Production Order No. from the drop-down list, as shown.
(6) After that, the system calculates the material required as per the defined BOM in the Production Order Component, as shown.
(7) After that, go to the “Post/Print”→ Post, as shown.
(8) Now Press the “Yes” button and post the Consumption Journal lines.
(9) Note: If Item Tracking is active in the Items, then assign Item tracking, otherwise system shows an error of Item Tracking.