Setup Posting Number Series for different Locations in D365 BC:
(1) In this blog we will get to know about the new feature of setting up posting number series of documents (e.g. Sales, Purchase Transfer, etc.) for a different location.
(2) In the previous version this feature is available in the Location Master card but in D365 BC Microsoft removed the Number series tab from the Location Card and Add a different Page “Posting No. Series Setup” for defining the number series of the document according to the defined filters.
(3) Let’s see how to use this feature. Open D365 BC and type “Posting No. Series Setup” in the search bar, as shown.
(4) After that, Posting No. Series Setup Page opens, as shown.
|Field Name||Nature of Field||Field Description|
|Document Type||Mandatory||Specifies the type of document that the entry belongs to. |
|Condition||Mandatory||Specifies the conditions required for this series to be used. |
|Posting No. Series||Mandatory||Specifies the posting no. series for different documents type|
(5) In this example, we will set up Posting No. Series for Sales Document for Blue location, as shown.
- Press New or Enter the blank Row and Select “Sales” from Drop Down list of the Document Type field, as shown.
- After that, Select the No. Series in the “Posting No. Series” field, as shown.
- After that, go to the next column “Condition”, system open pop window and in that window enter the conditions and press ok, as shown.
(6) In this way setup for Posting No. Series for Sales document done, as shown.
(7) Note: For this feature, you can assign no. of different Posting No. for documents as per business logic.