Table of Contents
Create a New Database in Dynamics 365 BC:
- Download SQL edition from the below link.
- Install SQL.
- There are three SQL Server Edition available- Express, Standard, and Enterprise.
- You can select SQL Server Edition as per your requirement of the business.
- In this installation guide, I have installed the SQL Express edition of Basic type.
- In SQL Express edition, only a 10GB database is available.
- After SQL installation, Open SQL Server Management Studio as shown below.
- After that Select Server Name and press Connect button.
- Now Right-click on Database and select option Restore Files and FilesGroup.
- After you click on Restore Files and FilesGroups, a new window will open.
- After that enter the name of the Database in To database field and select option From Device and press Assist button, as shown below.
Note: .bak file path in D365 BC setup
“Dynamics.365.BC.12076.W1.DVD\SQLDemoDatabase\CommonAppData\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\160\Database”
- After the above step, press on Add button.
- Select .bak file from the path.
- After it is selected, then press OK.
- Select Restore button and press OK.
- MyNewDatabse has been created with Cronous Database.
- Open Business Central Administration.
- Right-click on it and Run as administrator.
- Select the instance and enter the Database Name.
- After the above step. Restart the services.
- Open Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central in the browser.
- By default, CRONUS Company opens now using the below link for creating blank new companies in Business Central.