Manage Vendor Invoice No. and Vendor Cr. Memo No. Validation in Purchase Documents in D365 BC:
(1) In this article, we will get to know about the “Purchases & Payable” setup which manages the mandatory validation at the time of posting the Purchase Invoice & Purchase Cr. Memos. This article will demonstrate this feature in Purchase Order Invoice Posting.
(2) For that go to the search bar and type “Purchases & Payables Setup”, as shown.
(3) After that, “Purchases & Payable Setup” opens and in that setup, there is a field “Ext. Doc. No. Mandatory”, as shown.
- When it enables, then the system shows an error message for entering the “Vendor Invoice No.” in Purchase Invoice at the time of posting or preview posting, as shown.
- When it is disabled, then the system allows posting w/o any error message of entering the “Vendor Invoice No.” in Purchase Invoice posting, as shown.