Define Default Value for Type Field in Sales Documents:
(1) In this blog, we will see how to set up the default value for the “Type” field in all sales documents. This effect only shows when new sales documents like Quote, Order & Invoice etc. are created.
(2) Go to the search bar and type “Sales & Receivables Setup”, as shown.
(3) After that “Sales & Receivables Setup” page opens and sets up the “Type” field value from “Document Default Line Type”, as shown.
(4) In “Document Default Line Type” there are options that are the same in Sales Order, Sales Quote & Sales Invoice, as shown.
- G/L Account:
- Fixed Asset
- Charge (Item)
According to the above options, the system by default gets values when a new sales document creates. Note: This setup shows effect only in new documents when there is no line in the sales document. If a line is there in the sales document, then the system gets value according to the entered value of the sales line.
(5) In this example, we set the value “Fixed Asset” and then see the effect in the sales document. as shown.
(6) After that, go to the search bar and enter “Sales Orders”, as shown.
(7) Then the Sales Order list opens and create new Sales Order and see the effects in line when we create, as shown.