Restrict Back Date entries in Business Central:
(1) In this blog we will get to know, how to restrict back-date entries in D365 BC. For this, Microsoft provides two solutions as explained below:
- General Ledger Setup: By using this feature, the restriction for back-date entries has been activated for all users, as shown.
- User Setup: By using this feature, the restrictions for back-date entries have been activated for a particular user, as shown.
|Note:- D365 BC Standard system algorithm, first check the User Setup dates and then General Ledger Setup dates. If User Setup dates are defined then general ledger setup dates are not considered.|
(2) Now discuss the permanent back date restriction according to the Accounting Date wise, for this small customization required.
(3) Create one field in the Accounting Period table and the same is shown on the page by creating an extension, as shown.
- Accounting Period Table Extension:
- Accounting Period Page Extension:
- Call Event for restricting accounting-related entries as shown.
- Call Event for restricting Item or inventory-related entries as shown.
(4) After doing the above development steps, publish the extension and open the Business Central D365, and open the Accounting Period page, as shown.
(5) In the above image, the July 22 date is restricted for entries, when you try to post entries, the system shows an error.