Update UTR No. in Bank Account Ledger Entry in D365 BC:
(1) In this blog, we learn about customization steps for achieving UTR No. value in Bank Account Ledger Entries in D365 Business Central.
(2) In the Standard system, this feature is not available and system. For this, customization is required.
(3) So, first create “UTR No.” having datatype Code and its length  (length depends upon the requirement) in “Bank Account Ledger Entry” by using the table extension feature of AL (https://erpconsultors.com/add-field-in-existing-table-using-extension/) as shown.
(4) After that add a field in the “Bank Account Ledger Entries” page by using the page extension feature of AL (https://erpconsultors.com/add-or-show-new-field-in-existing-page-in-d365/), as shown.
(5) Now develop a Utility that exports Bank Account Ledger Entries for updating UTR no. Below Utility feature and Steps for updating UTR No.
- Export Bank Account Ledger Entries w/o UTR No. in Excel.
- Update values in the UTR No. field in Excel and save it.
- Then Import this data using the same utility.
(6) Source Code of Utility, as shown.
(7) After that, create a new page for attaching this utility, as shown
(8) After doing the above development, publish the extension and open the D365 BC Web client, as shown.
(9) Now select the Update UTR No. and press the button “Update UTR No.” button, as shown.
(10) After pressing, a pop window opens and exports the data. Enable the “Export Template Format” option, enter Start Date & End Date, and then press the “Ok” button, as shown.
(11) After that system generate Excel, as shown.
(12) Now enter the UTR No. in Excel and saved it as shown.
(13) Now open the D365 BC and open the “Update UTR No” page and again press the “Update UTR No.” button and import the saved Excel in the system, as shown.
(14) Now select the saved Excel and press the “Ok” button, as shown.
(15) UTR No. updated, as shown.