Transfer Data from One company to Another using ChangeCompany Method:
(1) Sometimes when we implement multiple companies in one database then at that time “ChangeCompany” method is used to transfer data from one company to another.
(2) For Example- there are two companies, user requirement is that when we create a Customer in one company, it will auto-create the same Customer in the second company or vice versa.
(3) To achieve the above requirement, we use “ChangeCompany” method. Syntax of “ChangeCompany” method is:
|[Ok := ] Record.ChangeCompany([CompanyName: String])|
(4) Note: while using the above method, remember the following points:
- User has access rights of both companies, otherwise, system shows error of permission.
- Triggers of tables and fields still run in the current company, not in the company that you specified in the changecomapny method.
- Do not use validate,insert(true) & Modify(true) because it call trigger of current company.
(5) Now see the example in the AL environment.