Modify D365 BC Server Services Using BC Administration Shell:
(1) In this blog, we will get to know about changes or modifications done in D365 BC Server Services. In the latest Version Microsoft removed BC Server Administration tool, as shown.
(2) In this blog, we will change the “Database” name in the existing D365 BC Server Services. For this open the “BC Administration Shell”, as shown.
(3) After doing the above step, the Business Central Administration Shell window opens and checks the existing D365 BC Configuration by using the “Get-NAVServerConfiguration” syntax and pressing enter, as shown.
(4) Now we will change the database name in the existing services. For this use syntax “Set-NAVServerConfiguration”. As shown.
|Source Code: Set-NAVServerConfiguration BC210 -KeyName DatabaseName -KeyValue DEMO_1 and press enter.|
(5) After that, changes are done and the system shows a warning message for restarting the service.
(6) Now Restart the Service, as shown.
(7) Now go to the BC Administration Shell and check the changes by using the “Get-NAVServerConfiguration” syntax, as shown.
(8) Note: You can also change the values of other parameters by using this method.