Use of RIGHT Function in SQL:
(1) “Right” function is used to get a number of characters from a string that’s starting from right.
(2) Let’s take an example to get a character from the Vendor Name as shown.
(3) Select the database in the SQL server and click on the “New Query” button as shown.
(4) After that new query editor opens as shown.
(5) After doing the above steps, write a query in the editor, as shown.
|–//RIGHT is used to get character from string|
Select [No_] AS [Vendor No.],[Name] AS [Vendor Name],
RIGHT([Name],3)AS [RIGHT(Character from string)]
Fromdbo.[CRONUS India Ltd_$Vendor$437dbf0e-84ff-417a-965d-ed2bb9650972]
–//RIGHT is used to get character from string
(6) Then Execute or Press F5 to run the query and see the result as shown.
|Use of LEFT Function in SQL|
RIGHT (Transact-SQL)– Microsoft Docs
Take Database Backup via SQL Query in SQL Server
Use of STORED PROCEDURES in SQL