Use of LEFT Function in SQL:
(1) “LEFT” function is used to get a number of characters from a string that’s starting from left.
(2) Let’s take an example to get a character from the Vendor Name as shown.
(3) Select the database in the SQL server and click on the “New Query” button as shown.
(4) After that new query editor opens as shown.
(5) After doing the above steps, write a query in the editor, as shown.
|–//LEFT is used to get character from string|
Select [No_] AS [Vendor No.],[Name] AS [Vendor Name],
LEFT([Name],3)AS [LEFT(Character from string)]
Fromdbo.[CRONUS India Ltd_$Vendor$437dbf0e-84ff-417a-965d-ed2bb9650972]
–//LEFT is used to get character from string
(6) Then Execute or Press F5 to run the query and see the result as shown.