Use of ASCII function in SQL:
(1) “ASCII” function is used to get the first ASCII value of a string.
(2) Let’s take an example to get the ASCII value of Vendor Name from Vendor table as shown.
(3) Select the database in the SQL server and click on the “New Query” button as shown.
(4) After that new query editor opens as shown.
(5) After doing the above steps, write a query in the editor, as shown.
|–//ASCII Value get from Vendor Name field|
Select [No_] as [Vendor No.],[Name] as [Vendor Name],
ASCII(Name)as [ASCII Value of Vendor Name]
fromdbo.[CRONUS India Ltd_$Vendor$437dbf0e-84ff-417a-965d-ed2bb9650972]
–//ASCII Value get form Vendor Name field
(6) Then Execute or Press F5 to run the query and see the result as shown.