Publish an Extension in Production Environment of D365 BC SAAS Version:
(1) In this blog we will get to know about the deployment or publish an extension in the production environment.
(2) For this open Visual Studio and select the app.json file, as shown.
(3) After that, update the “Version”. As shown. Note: id, name, publisher & version must be unique.
Note: It is mandatory, every time you must change the version while publishing the extension in the production environment, otherwise application throws an error for the existing version, as shown.
(4) Now, first publish the extension in the selected sandbox environment (Short-key is F5) and then create the “AL Package” of that extension (Ctrl+P→ >Al:Package) and entered, as shown.
(5) After that, the package is created, as shown.
(6) Now open the Production environment of D365 BC and open the “Extension Management” page, as shown.
(7) After that, follow the sequence: Manage→ Upload Extension, as shown.
(8) After selecting the Upload Extension option, a new page opens, as shown.
- Enter the path of the package that you have created via AL.
- Press the button Deploy.
(9) After that, the pop window shows with a message, and press “OK”, as shown.
(10) After some time, you will see the effect of extension in your production environment. If you want to know about the status of package, go to the “Extension Management” page and select the option “Installation Status”, as shown.
(11) New Page opens with a detailed summary of the Extension with its current status. Note: Some time status does not update, and for that use the refresh button.
(12) After that, your updated extension with the current version is visible in the “Extension Management” list, as shown.